The goal of the Christian Education Major is to equip every student for the discovery and transmission of truth in a congregational ministry. To this end, serious study of the theories of learning and practical field experiences guild the student. The Christian educator serves by assisting people in a lifelong journey of learning.
A Christian Education Major is designed to equip the student for ministry in a Christian school or as a youth or education specialist in a congregation.
Graduates completing this degree will be able to:
- Develop a philosophy of education consistent with Scripture;
- Employ current research tools for discovery of truth as it applies to the contemporary church;
- Develop skills and various styles of teaching that are requisite for the discovery and transmission of truth;
- Analyze the needs and styles of learners of all ages, using Scripture and educational research;
- Construct a curricula appropriate to the various learning settings and styles;
- Exhibit leadership skills in a variety of educational settings.