The Interpersonal and Organizational Communications Major seeks to establish basic and specialized skills and attitudes necessary for the work of being a servant-leader in the church and world.
Graduates completing this degree will be able to:
- Name and explain theoretical concepts central to the discipline, including those applicable to interpersonal, public, and organizational communications contexts and recognize the communication behaviors that reflect those concepts.
- Assess the ethical implications of a given communication behavior in a given concept;
- Evaluate message strategies in interpersonal, public, and organizational contexts;
- Exhibit competence in interpersonal and public communication skills;
- Select and apply communications strategies to establish mutually rewarding social and professional relationships.