Are you ready to learn about the past so you can change the future?
The History of the World & The History of the Bible
It is also useful as a background for:
- seminary studies
- home or foreign mission work
- home schooling
Students with a History Degree go on to get jobs in:
A History Degree and Public Policy
The Public Policy track is an option within the History Major for those students who are planning a career in Government, public service, or law. Lansing, our state capital with many government offices, is blessed to have Cooley Law School in town. Cooley is the largest Law School in the country with approximately 3,000 students.
Some of the classes required for this major include things like Ancient Western Civilization, US History, Black American History, Family Law, Public Policy, and Research Methods in History. For a more complete list click here.
Graduates completing this degree will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the facts (events, people, places, dates) and flow (connections, influences, lessons, etc.) of history;
- Distinguish between established truths and mere opinions;
- Critically evaluate various situations, dilemmas, and viewpoints or interpretations;
- Display the ethical lessons of history that are consistent with Biblical Christian morality in his or her personal lifestyle, conduct and relationships with others;
- Produce written research of a quality commensurate with that of respected publications in the field.
Want to find out more?
Please contact our admissions office today to learn how a History Degree from GLCC can help change tomorrow.
Greg Stauffer, Vice President of Enrollment Management
Phone: (517) 321-0242 ext. 230