Christian Online Courses are Designed For Adult Learners
Christian online courses are a great way to further your education and transform your career to the next level.
Click here for course descriptions and to learn more about our 2 & 4 year Accelerated Online Courses in Biblical Theology and Christian Leadership & Communication.
The great thing about eLearning is that you can learn from anywhere, at anytime. In a few short weeks–PRESTO!–you can complete your tracks.
Traditional classroom learning doesn’t always work for adults because life is going on all the time. By the blessings of God, you have responsibilities and priorities that also need your attention. Young college students often have one major priority: Get to class on time!
- Get to work on time
- Pick the kids up on time
- Pay bills on time
As you know, TIME is always in limited supply as an adult.
We can’t wave a magic wand and create more hours in the day, but we have created a solution that will work for you.
Christian online courses fit so nicely into your adult life. The curriculum for our adult online tracks are developed from a perspective that meets you where you are in life in order to enhance your learning most effectively.
Transform Your Life Today!
Complete the form below to apply for our online courses and transform your life, your career, and your education.
We look forward to taking this journey with you!
How is learning as an adult different?
According to Knowles, Holston, & Swanson, in the book The Adult Learner: The Definitive Classic in Adult Education and Human Resource Development there is a set of guiding principles that relates directly to the needs of the adult learners:
- Adults need to know why they need to learn something before learning it.
- The self-concept of adults is heavily dependent upon a move toward self- direction.
- Prior experiences of the learner provide a rich resource for learning.
- Adults typically become ready to learn when they experience a need to cope with
a life situation or perform a task.
- Adults’ orientation to learning is life-centered; education is a process of
developing increased competency levels to achieve their full potential.
- The motivation for adult learners is internal rather than external.
Do any of these sound like you?
The curriculum for our Christian online courses is developed from the above 6 principles and from a perspective that works with your life right now.
Who can benefit from our online classes?
Our online courses are 5 weeks long. Each course is broken down into one-week units that include a foundational devotion for the week, discussion questions, assignments (based on authentic assessment methods), readings, and micro-lectures and presentations. Due to the accelerated nature of the courses that we design, objectives and outcomes are developed with higher-level critical thinking in place.
These courses are great for:
- Adults who have graduated from high school (this is not a GED program)
- Church Staff members seeking to improve their leadership and communication skills
- Youth Leaders
- Church Support Staff
- Communication Directors
- Working moms and dads who want to got back to school
- Stay-at-home parents who need a flexible schedule that can adapt to their busy lives