How to Hear God’s Plan For You
Choosing a college is a huge step. Many Christian students worry about being able to continue honoring God at college amidst all the pressures and new responsibilities that come with this new chapter in your life. A lot of people will have opinions about where you should go and what you should study, but really, only one thing matters: God’s plan for you.
In order to understand God’s wishes for the direction of your life you need to pray and listen and be watchful. God will reveal his plan for you in his own time. As Proverbs 16:9 says: “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps” (NKJV). God will also redirect your life and your plans if you are heading in a direction He did not intend.
The good news is that no matter where and what you choose to study, as long as you continue honoring God at college you really can’t go wrong.
Honoring God in the details with joy, even in my smallest decisions (Ecclesiastes 12:13).
Honoring God at College is Easy at a Christian School
Studying at a Christian College or Bible College makes walking with God everyday easier. You are surrounded by like minded Christian peers and you are being instructed by strong servant leaders who are trained in the ways of the Lord. Continued Christian education is already part of your curriculum so you will be sure to continue to strengthen your faith and education in your walk with Christ.
However, no matter where you choose to attend college, whether it be at a Christian College, Community college, public university, or online courses, here are some ways you can be sure you are honoring God at college:
- Own Your Faith. Seek out ways you can continue to grow in your faith.
- Find a Church. Investigate churches off campus. Talk with other students and find out where they attend church. Visit Campus Life or other Christian organizations in order to connect with other Christian students.
- Study to Make a Difference. Don’t just complete the bare minimum to pass your classes, but strive for excellence in order to honor God in all you do. Continue to seek God’s plan for you life.
- Become a Servant Leader. Dedicate your life to God and helping those around you.
- Develop your Gifts. It’s time to really start honing the gifts God gave you in order to serve Him and others.
GLCC is one of the Top 50 Affordable Christian Colleges
If you are looking for a Christian College, Great Lakes Christian College is a top choice. It is very affordable, the campus is set in beautiful central Michigan, it offers many degrees such as:
If you are interested in learning more about attending GLCC please call (800) YES-GLCC. We look forward to hearing from you.